Wednesday, February 26, 2014

What I'm Listening to This Week 2/26/14

Hello lovelies!
For some reason I'm having trouble making these playlists at the beginning of the week but I hope this will cure your hump day blues regardless!

Transpose - Bad Suns



I remember seeing Bad Suns back in September opening up for The Vaccines and I literally stood there wondering why I've never heard of them before that moment. They've certainly blown up since then and it brought a smile to my face hearing them on 98.7's Close to Home segment! Lead singer Christo Bowman brings a unique hard-hitting vocal essence to the band's sound that makes Bad Suns stand out and leave listeners humming their catchy hooks.

Spinning Signs - Painted Palms



Surprisingly Facebook suggested this little electro-psychedelic-rock outfit to me a few weeks ago and in contrast to most of the melancholic sounds I've been hearing from the psych rock genre (don't get me wrong, I still dig that), this band adds a bit of an upbeat punch that makes me want to put it on my party playlist next time I have a kickback.

Foreigner - The Wild Reeds



If there's one rule I live by in relation to critiquing music, it's the stickiness factor. I had the pleasure of interviewing and watching the lovely ladies of The Wild Reeds perform back in December and to this day, "Foreigner" still pops in my head from time to time. It's a haunting, eerie track and the harmonies are absolutely beautiful (I'm a suck for harmonies, you know!). Try not to hum this after watching, I dare you.

Let me know what you think and what you're listening to this week!

-Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment