Tuesday, January 28, 2014

What I'm Listening to This Week 1/28/14

Hello Lovelies! It's been a while, huh? (That's soon becoming the catch-phrase of this blog!)
But I'm here to bring you another "What I'm Listening to This Week" (-imaginary crowd cheers-). Also as I'm creating this playlist, it's turning out to be a very relaxing one!

Temples- Colours to Life



I'm really really really excited that psychedelic rock is a big scene right now. Temples, signed to Heavenly records along with the band Toy, creates such a great dreamy hook in the chorus that makes you want to press replay for days. I heard this song on KROQ a couple nights ago and it instantly made my drive much more bearable. 

London Grammar-Metal and Dust



What I like most about this song is how simple the lyrics are. Even though half of the song is a repetition of two lines, lead singer Hannah Reid's vocal range and angelic riffs make the whole song flow perfectly. 

Young the Giant-Apartment



Just saw these guys kill it on Jimmy Kimmel last Tuesday and I know I'm a bit behind posting a song that was on their last album but it's just so good! Think of it as an oldie but goodie. If I could marry a voice, it'd probably be Sameer Gadhia's (although I'm not opposed to marrying the dude himself). It's a somber melody but somehow makes you feel a little warmer inside as the song closes. 

Let me know if any of these are your faves and what you're listening to this week!

-Amanda 

No comments:

Post a Comment