Wednesday, January 15, 2014

What I'm Listening to This Week

Hi all! I'm really good at this consistent posting thing huh? (sarcasm.) But I thought, hm, what could I do to remind myself to update this blog at least once a week? A playlist post of course! It might just be my incessant need to play a song so many times the computer itself is begging me not to press play again, but lately I've been finding new music to rotate into my daily listening routine that I finally decided it's time to share my consumption habits with you all!

This Week:

Peaks-Speak




What I really dig about this track is the fact that you don't even realize 5 minutes and 20 seconds has passed by because you're too busy getting lost in the rollercoaster of ever-changing beats while a soothing voice that could possibly be the lovechild of Vampire Weekend's Ezra Koenig and The Shins' James Mercer guides you through the refreshing blast of sound.


Teenage Lovers - The Virgins ft. Sky Ferreira




I'm pretty much a sucker for anything Sky Ferreira is involved with so this was a no-brainer. Although I haven't dipped my toes into the electronic music scene, there are a few tracks that really hit the mark in my book, whether they help me get pumped up or actually consider stepping foot onto the dancefloor. This is one of those tracks.

A Lack of Understanding - The Vaccines



Being locked up in your parents house from 8-5 for a week straight can make anyone stir crazy, and for some reason I always turn to The Vaccines to propel myself into a zombie-like trance to distract me from all the little nuisances that bother me throughout the week (on this week's episode: the construction being done on our roof with nonstop drilling for 9 hours straight). This band is so good at writing hits but sounding like they could care less all at the same time. Now that description might make them sound pretentious, but they're nothing of the sort. Seeing them live was one of the best decisions I made last summer, and they really know how to get the crowd going.

As always, feel free to comment and let me know what you've been listening to this week!

-Amanda 

No comments:

Post a Comment